AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Senior Business Analyst (Veeva) in Wilmington, Delaware
Senior Business Analyst (Veeva) – Wilmington, Delaware
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Senior Business Analyst in Wilmington, Delaware will be responsible for understanding the business needs and analyzing, validating and documenting the business and system requirements that address these needs either alone in small to medium size projects; or as lead or a member of a BA team in a large project, and ensures the solutions developed satisfy the needs of the business. The role assists in designing processes and changes to processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Define and draft project scope and objectives and translate associated business requirements into design specifications ensuring that requirements are effectively met, tested and implemented
Proactively research products, procedures, and/or workflow needs and identify ways to capture, validate and integrate information to improve overall business process performance
Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications and facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications
Liaise between the IS teams and the business to agree on user requirement scope and delivery
Proactive issue management and escalation
Work collaboratively with:
1) Business Product Owners, SMEs and other stakeholders to identify, verify and document functional and technical requirements using requirements management methodology and tools
2) Business Relationship Managers to develop relationships with the business, and act as their point of contact for application development
3) Architecture function to ensure appropriate translation of business requirements into technical design and on the development of the Current and Future Logical Model and Data Models
4) Solution development team (internal or external) to effectively transition designs, ensuring clear understanding of requirements and on developing test cases and test scripts to ensure requirements are met
5) Application/Software Developers and/or the Support Organisation, acting as focal point for question resolution
6) Process owners to facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications.
Degree in a related discipline
Proven experience of variety of business analysis tools/techniques
Proven experience of variety of software and integrated complex systems in a quality and compliance environment
Strong communication, organisation and facilitation skills
Excellent business engagement and business acumen
The ability to design, define and implement solutions to different customer groups
Hands-on experience implementing/supporting Veeva CRM SFA platform
Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
Pharmaceutical business awareness
Experience of working in a global organization with complex/ geographical context
Experience of Agile project management methodologies with the ability to manage a number of projects
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.