BlackRock Project Manager - Reporting & Invoicing in Wilmington, Delaware
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s most distinguished asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Reporting and Invoicing Strategic Enterprise Team (RISE) is responsible for the ongoing tactical and strategic development of process improvements and migration of accounts onto existing and newly developed Aladdin Platforms spanning both Client Invoicing Services and Reporting and Distribution Services. The team is currently focused on re-engineering the client experience by expanding our data sourcing capabilities, continuting to adapt reporting to fit the ever-changing needs of the industry, building an in-house calculator for Management and Performance Fees, and centralizing our distribution platforms. This role provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a significant change initiative for the firm during an exciting period for the relevant teams and ultimately be able to add input into the future state of both teams.
• Build and maintain relations with stakeholders in support of strategic ‘Next Generation’ (NextGen) system delivery
• Working with relevant stakeholder (e.g. application owners / application user groups / special interest groups) to evaluate NextGen system functionality requirements
• Work with functional SME’s to assemble, analyze & centralize critical RDS / CIS data requirements in support of NextGen
• Co-ordinate and Execute delivery of all relevant RDS / CIS work packages
• Work with Technical Teams on Project Delivery, define test strategy and maintain test & use cases to facilitate user acceptance and regression testing
• Streamline requirements across regions, where appropriate, and lead conversations as necessary to affect innovative solutions
• Lead with clear, level-appropriate communication and documentation
• Thrive in a culture of excellence, innovation, communication and accountability, where all stakeholders are both engaged and motivated to go above and beyond,
• Act as the key point of contact for change in support of global effort
• Knowledge of investment products and preferably 3 years or more of financial services experience, ideally in investment management
• Proven track record in successful Project delivery, including strong knowledge of;
Project Management methodology and best practices
Business Analysis techniques
• Additionally, the candidate must have strong technical skills, including;
Understanding of application design concepts, architecture, and infrastructure
Experienced in using data provisioning, reporting and/or Business Intelligence tools
Flair for data visualization
• Candidates should possess a high level of self-motivation and adaptability
• Demonstrate an affinity for teamwork and to contribute as a partner within a truly global team
• Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate constructively at all levels
• Be highly organized and mature, focused with practiced skills in operating effectively to tight deadlines within a high risk and high-volume environment
• Organized and detail-oriented with strong emphasis on time management. Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information and summarize issues
• Be passionate about using technology to drive efficiency
• Possess the ability to communicate well to all levels across business and technology – highly confident in bridging the business technology gap
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.