Sallie Mae Sr. Software Engineer in Newark, Delaware
Sr. Software Engineer
Req ID R01578
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want--whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills--you're in the right place.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
What You'll Contribute:
You will be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, SDET, at Sallie Mae, you will influence the technical direction of the team, working with many different technologies. If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, experienced with mobile & web technologies and passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences with top notch quality we want to talk with you.
The ideal candidate gets excited about making certain the user experience is the best possible. The strength of an engineer is the ability to create documentation, creatively improve the software development and QA process, and the finely-honed ability to break software in unexpected ways. Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible, self-directed, and understand quality assurance procedures and methodologies.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and build automation frameworks and tests for regression test suites 70%
- Develop and maintain tools for automation tracking and reporting 10%
- Maintain and update automated test systems as functionality changes 10%
- As the subject matter expert in core automated testing technologies, provide leadership / training with others on the team as needed. 5%
- Advocate for the customer 5%
What You Need to Succeed:
- Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
- You understand the importance of the customer experience. You are a natural problem solver. You ask why, you explore, and you thrive on challenges. You feel empowered to make a difference.
- You are a self-starter and take action with minimal amount of direction from the team.
- You are able to lead small/medium size projects when they fall within your core technology strengths.
- You demonstrate a willingness and desire to self-educate on processes and technologies you are unfamiliar with.
- You freely teach / share with others those technologies that are within your core skill sets.
- 5+ years of experience in software development and testing
- One or more automation frameworks - Selenium, Appium, Serenity, Robot Framework
- One or more programming languages, including C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Scala
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- One or more unit testing frameworks NUnit, xUnit.net, PyUnit / unittest, Junit, Test::Unit., RSpec
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing test harnesses
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) or Acceptance
- Able to take ownership and lead small/medium size projects utilizing core technical strengths.
- Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Experience with open source tools and resources
Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newark, DE
Date Posted Mar 7, 2018