Air Liquide USA LLC Sales Manager - Clean Energy Solutions in Newark, Delaware
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Advanced Business & Technologies (aB&T;) is a Business Unit of international teams part of Air Liquide Global Markets & Technologies. We open new business frontiers for the Group with a strong expertise in cutting-edge technologies and inspired by disruptive mindsets. Our purpose is to develop, shape and incubate significant new markets, sustainable for Air Liquide and for the Society. We develop user-focused, innovative and competitive solutions from the Advanced Technology fields (Space, Aerospace, Scientific Research..) to the Energy Transition territories (Hydrogen Energy, clean transportation…) with a collaborative spirit and an appetite for entrepreneurship.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future, this position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Newark, DE.
This position leads US sales and marketing efforts for the entire portfolio of biogas treatment systems including aftermarket products and coordination of service for the Biogas division of aB&T; US. In addition to these responsibilities, the role will be responsible for maintaining Air Liquide’s leadership position in the understanding and valuation of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) markets across the US including transportation fuel, power, voluntary, and industrial markets. This position reports to the Sr. Director Clean Energy.
- Manage the sales pipeline for all biogas equipment for the landfill, digester, and WWTP markets
- Market and promote Air Liquide’s technology solutions through literature, case studies, and presentations/meetings at industry conferences
- Participate in strategic & tactical business planning as a member of the Biogas team
- Work closely with the ALAS and Industrial Solutions teams to identify and expand applications and product portfolio
- Identify and/or generate well-qualified business opportunities
- Select the most appropriate equipment for a customer’s specific application and circumstances
- Prepare and present well-developed proposals that meet customer expectations and Air Liquide's business objectives
- Manage leads and opportunities in databases including SalesForce.com and other repositories
- Write contracts and lead negotiations with customer through closing in a highly proficient manner
- Develop an advanced understanding of the business drivers for the Biogas business and biogas sources, in particular
- Develop working relationships in order to maximize opportunities
- Develop personal relationships with key customers
- Develop, promote, and maintain close partnerships with customers through prompt, creative solutions
- Develop beneficial internal relationships with ALAS, Industrial Solutions, Finance, Legal and Executive Management
- Maintain Air Liquide’s cutting edge perspective on RNG markets across the US including transportation fuel, power, voluntary, and industrial markets
- Other duties, as required, in support of growing Air Liquide’s Biogas business
- Typical of an office environment with up to 25% travel. Location flexible.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is strongly preferred. Otherwise alternative work experience with technical products or applications required
- 4+ years of experience required
- 1-3 years of direct experience with biogas and/or RNG markets in a commercial, strategy, or technical role
- Knowledge of one or more types of biogas sources (landfills, digesters, WWTPs) is a plus
- Ability to use analytical thinking/techniques to solve complex problems
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions and maximize business results
- Strong technical and financial analysis capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork qualities in a demanding environment
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple high priority projects.
- Very good computer skills including demonstrated ability to use a variety of external and internal software applications (MS Office, Google apps, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, primarily domestically
- Light lifting.
JOB TITLE: Sales Manager - Clean Energy Solutions
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-01-25
COUNTRY: United States