Air Liquide USA LLC Research Associate- Analytical Chemistry in Newark, Delaware
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide R&D; centers, hosting a wide range of competencies, support the Group in achieving the highest level of excellence in the technologies it provides to its customers. The Delaware Research and Technology Center (DRTC) in Newark, DE provides innovation and technical support to Air Liquide’s businesses and markets in the Americas and worldwide.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Newark, Delaware.
The primary mission of the analytical sciences team, within this group, is to develop and extend analytical excellence within the Air Liquide Group. In accomplishing this mission, the team monitors, analyzes and leverages the innovation ecosystem to identify, develop and recommend advanced analytical capabilities for separation, identification and quantification of components in gas, liquid and solid media and mixtures within AL.
Working with a diverse team of people with varying levels of expertise, the researcher will develop and carry out analytical studies and be responsible for interpreting, performing advanced statistical data analysisand communicating scientific findings. The researcher will be responsible for projects that involve the analysis, purification, and application of industrial gases,providing innovative solutions to our clients to address some of the most important issues facing our global community, including environmental and health challenges. Markets for applications include Specialty Gas, Healthcare, Chemicals, Energy and Industrial Gas
- Serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness and continuous improvement in safety practices.
- Develop and perform isotopic analysis using IRMS
- Knowledge and experience with gas handling is preferred
- Perform lab and industrial analyses using other instruments such as GC, GC-MS, FTIR, ICP-MS, SEM
- Simultaneously develop analytical method as well as handle routine sample analysis
- Design, build and operate experimental setups in accordance with Air Liquide safe practices.
- Define, execute, and document all aspects of a project while meeting internal and client timelines
- Work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to achieve R&D; deliverables
- Draw conclusions, evaluate significance of data and report findings and Independently prepare, or assist in the preparation of data analyses, presentations and/or reports for internal and external partners and customers
- Use analytical background to develop new analytical methods and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Interface with internal market groups, industry partners, and customers to understand immediate/strategic analytical needs.
- Transfer new methods/processes to business lines
- Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, and running of the laboratory.
- Assist in maintaining compliance to the standards, as well as developing new, or improving existing, SOPs.
- Education/Experience - Master’s degree (PhD also considered) in Analytical Chemistry or related science
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise and hand-on experience with IRMS is preferred
- Expertise and hand-on experience with other analytical techniques such as GC, FT-IR, MS, moisture analysis and related techniques would be also considered
- Experience working on interdisciplinary topics and with strong ability to interact efficiently in an international environment.
- Understanding of LabView, AutoCAD and design of experiments (DOE) is preferred.
- Experience in gas handling is preferred.
- Must be flexible, able to work independently or as part of a team and adapt to changing conditions/priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collect and organize data, and to recognize problems that could impede completion of a project, identify unexpected results and take action (i.e., deviations from scientific patterns and variability in experimental results).
- Self-motivation with ability to define and solve problems in collaboration with AL business partners and external partners and customers.
JOB TITLE: Research Associate- Analytical Chemistry
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-02-01
COUNTRY: United States