AmeriHealth Caritas Medical Director, LTSS in Newark, Delaware
Medical Director, LTSS
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware is excited to have been chosen as one of the Medicaid managed care plans for the Diamond State Health Plan and Diamond State Health Plan- Plus programs. Backed by a national organization, we have long-term experience serving the Medicaid population in neighboring states. We are committed to delivering health care through innovative services and programs and are looking forward to helping Delaware become an even healthier state.
The LTSS Medical Director will oversee and be responsible for all LTSS including LTSS clinical leadership and execution of all health care affordability and clinical quality initiatives to achieve goals. The LTSS Medical Director is accountable for ACFC quality initiatives to improve HEDIS and other quality ratings and collaborates with the local provider community and state regulatory agencies to improve care. Participate in scheduled LTSS and D-SNP team meetings and case rounds. The LTSS Market Director is a seasoned medical professional who faces outward to and interacts with the Plan’s membership and physician community, physician and health system, nursing facilities, home and community based networks, medical/physical professional associates, government representatives, and advocacy groups to advance clinical excellence and the delivery of cost efficient care.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified Physician
- An unrestricted license to practice medicine in the Delaware and any other state in which he/she works
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have five to ten years practice experience, with experience in LTSS
- Minimum five years practice experience in his/her area of specialty
- A minimum of five (5) years of medical management and general management experience in a managed care environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point). Access is a plus. Consistent word processing speed and accuracy of 50 or more words per minute.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled