PDS Tech Inc Engineer/Specialist 1 in Newark, Delaware
PDS TECH INC. is seeking candidate for Engineer/Specialist 1 located in Newark, DE.
This position is an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist for the site in Glasgow, Delaware.
As a part of the EHS Team reporting to the site’s Sr. Manager, EHS, the successful candidate will guide programs to address Environment, Health and Safety regulations and standards.
rimary responsibility will be to manage the site’s Hazardous Waste program, but will include other areas of regulatory requirements such as OSHA, EPA, DOT and other government agencies.
The position supports and drives continuous improvement in the EHS Management System at the site, works with the business to drive improvements and identifies solutions to EHS issues/challenges.
This position offers an opportunity to have a positive impact on the environment and on people’s health and safety in a complex and multi-disciplinary work site. The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage the site’s waste programs, but will also be a hands-on resource for employees and support other EHS programs as follows:
• Manage site’s waste programs (RCRA Hazardous Waste, Infectious Waste and non-hazardous chemical waste) including: collection, classification, packaging, and shipping.
• Coordinate and conduct routine inspections for site’s waste collection areas, monitor compliance where waste is generated, act as a resource for employees’ waste questions and complete required regulatory reporting.
• Interface with employees across the site organization to assure compliance with EHS legal requirements and to drive EHS performance; including as necessary with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting and reporting.
• Manage the site’s compliance calendar, ensuring that regulatory requirements are completed on-time by members of the EHS team or other supporting functions.
• Work closely with site employees, following up with reported incidents and action items created from compliance inspections, ensuring timely completion.
• Guide the completion of employee training in EHS policy and procedures
• Support functional tasks within the EHS department such as document control, employee training management or site communications.
• Work with the site EHS Team to develop complex written programs required by regulatory authorities and for the EHS Management system at the site.
• Gather data, generate reports (internal and external) and maintain detailed records for regulatory compliance activities and EHS Management System tasks.
• As a member of the EHS functional organization, contribute to business unit, division and Healthcare level EHS initiatives as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e. Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, etc.)
• Show a passion for EHS
• Experience with Hazardous Waste operations and working knowledge of RCRA regulations
• General knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and EHS standards
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to recognize potential hazards or compliance issues
• Strong IT skills (Proficient in MS Office, and comfortable with learning new programs)
• Effective writing, speaking, and presentation skills
• Ability to work as a member of a team, including with employees at higher levels of the organization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Entry Level to 3 years of experience in EHS
• Experience managing hazardous materials
• Knowledge of State of Delaware EHS laws and regulations
• Experience with laboratory safety
• Experience with EHS in a laboratory or chemical manufacturing setting
• Experience with emergency response
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.