Air Liquide USA LLC CFD Engineer in Newark, Delaware
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide R&D; centers, hosting a wide range of competencies, support the Group in achieving the highest level of excellence in the technologies it provides to its customers. The Delaware Research and Technology Center (DRTC) in Newark, DE provides innovation and technical support to Air Liquide’s businesses and markets in the Americas and worldwide.
Air Liquide develops innovative technologies and sustainable solutions, optimizing the use of air and the planet's natural resources, enabling progress and preserving life. Located in over 75 countries, we have more than 1,000,000 customers globally in diverse industries such as steel, food and beverage, electronics and pharmaceuticals. By using gases naturally present in the atmosphere, Air Liquide separates and purifies them into oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and various rare gases and then distributes them to clientele by pipeline, compression, cylinders, or in some cases, produced directly on a client's site. Air Liquide also uses other natural resources of gas to produce other gases caused by chemical reaction of their clients' usage (hydrogen, carbon dioxide, acetylene, helium, ozone, carbon monoxide.
Our Delaware Research & Technology Center (DRTC), inaugurated in 2007, leads research and technology initiatives in 8 scientific and engineering disciplines. With researchers from 21 different countries, the Center had the distinction of being named to the 2015 Philly Top Workplaces by the Philadelphia Inquirer and philly.com and cited in 2016 by the Delaware Business Times as one of “13 Cool Companies in Delaware.” In 2017 we celebrated our 10th anniversary in Delaware and over 3,600 days without a recordable accident!
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Newark, DE.
Our Process Engineering and Combustion R&D; team has commenced a search for a CFD Engineer at our in Newark, DE. We are proud to have achieved a best-in-class safety record because of our highly-engaged, well-trained team of researchers, technicians and support staff and leaders.
- Serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness and demonstrate continuous improvement in safety practices.
- Conduct CFD simulations of fluid flow, heat transfer and reacting flow phenomena in various engineering, medical applications involving industrial gases improving physical insight and understanding of the simulated process.
- Conduct simulations to solve problems or aid in equipment design by understanding problems / needs for modeling and thereby building accurate CFD models. Propose and implement appropriate physical models for the systems, balancing as needed, physical rigor and computational intensity in order to provide insights in the necessary time frame.
- Contribute to strategy, formulation and support of innovations in applying CFD modeling involving the use of industrial gases.
- Work in a collaborative team of multi-disciplinary engineers and scientists.
- Execute, manage and deliver R&D; projects as part of a Global R&D; program, as well as develop projects to solve operations or customer problems.
- Apply engineering principles to design and evaluate technologies.
- In collaboration with experimental team, design, build and operate research experiments and analytical methods to collect data for CFD model validation and parameter tuning.
- Publish research in internal reports, at conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Support technical transfer of R&D; projects to customers; Work closely with internal market groups, academic associations, government agencies, industry partners or customers.
Working conditions Position involves 10% travel, domestic and international
Direct reports No direct reports for this role
- MS/PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline
- 3+ years of industrial experience
- Demonstrated ability to model a variety of chemical process phenomena
- Excellent knowledge in CFD modeling; Advanced knowledge in the use of FLUENT, and the underlying computational methods and physical models.
- Excellent communication skills in English language
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and international team
- Knowledge in programming languages and their integration with commercial CFD software
- Knowledge in chemical engineering unit operations
- Familiar with high-performance computing, LINUX network and server administration
JOB TITLE: CFD Engineer
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-03-07
COUNTRY: United States