Air Liquide USA LLC Americas Business Unit and US Country Manager, Alizent in Houston, Texas
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Advanced Business & Technologies (aB&T;) is a Business Unit of international teams part of Air Liquide Global Markets & Technologies. We open new business frontiers for the Group with a strong expertise in cutting-edge technologies and inspired by disruptive mindsets. Our purpose is to develop, shape and incubate significant new markets, sustainable for Air Liquide and for the Society. We develop user-focused, innovative and competitive solutions from the Advanced Technology fields (Space, Aerospace, Scientific Research..) to the Energy Transition territories (Hydrogen Energy, clean transportation…) with a collaborative spirit and an appetite for entrepreneurship.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Entity and activity description
- Geographic Business Units (BUs) who are P&Ls; in charge of all customer-facing activities (business development, project and customer support)
- and Global expertise centers who are cost centers, in charge of technical expertise & operations, located in Paris, Montreal and Madrid.
Alizent USA (headquartered in Houston) currently hosts a BU with an anticipated 2018 turn-over of about USD 3.5M and significant growth potential, and a team of 5 people, serving mainly 1/ Air Liquide Units in the United States (including Airgas), 2/ Air Liquide Units in the Americas - excluding Canada, and 3/ external clients (Beer industry in particular).
*Missions and Responsibilities*
- Understand & promote Alizent value proposition and its solutions & services catalog in Air Liquide units in the USA and Central & South America.
- Build a network of contacts within Air Liquide units, create intimacy, understand their needs and their local contexts, identify the projects Alizent could help deliver - in particular build a good relationship with Air Liquide USA units CIOs.
- Deliver Alizent USA BU Revenues & Profitability as per budget objectives
- Control Alizent USA BU P&L; with Alizent Americas CFO (who is acting as CFO both for Alizent USA and Alizent Canada) : monthly reporting, reforecast exercices, budget exercise
- Manage Alizent project delivery in the USA and Central & South America (management of project managers & directors). Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- In coordination with Americas BU Director, drive Sales Activities of Alizent USA BU - recruit and mentor business developers & project managers for USA BU as needed
- Leverage Alizent support team in the Americas (currently pooled team between Montreal & Houston) to support Alizent USA clients and in general, ensure that Alizent USA client satisfaction reaches a high level.
- Report frequently to the Alizent Americas BU Manager, attend to Alizent Global Management Committees, contribute to Alizent Strategy definition & evolution, collaborate and support other Alizent entities in the Americas and beyond as needed.
- Feed-back Alizent global expertise centers of the specific local needs of american clients so as to fit Alizent solutions to USA BU needs.
- Roll-out in the USA global Alizent projects (such as Alizent ERP roll-out planned in late 2018) and help complete in the USA the Global Alizent transformation started in 2017
- Organize & manage Alizent USA Inc. Board of Directors - in collaboration with CFO, establish and publish Alizent USA Inc. public financial statements as per USA law.
- In coordination with Alizent Global HR Director, explore the possibility of having direct employment contracts with Alizent USA team (the 5 people working for Alizent USA today are currently under contract with other Air Liquide units, and then seconded to Alizent USA)
- Communicate frequently to all Alizent USA team about Alizent global strategy & results and USA BU strategy results in particular.: all actions regarding Alizent USA Inc. Offices, HR policies, administrative, legal and tax issues
- Establish a good collaboration with Alizent Canada BU Manager
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Engineering or Science or IT. [to be worked out]
- 8 or more years in IT, 3 or more years in management positions
- Worked for or developed business with large corporations - ability to understand complex organizations and related decision processes.
- Knowledge and experience of IT and Digital, especially industrial IT - passionate about digital technology (IoT, Analytics...) and the potential it creates for various industries.
- Strong sales acumen and experience in complex solution selling
- Hands-on, pragmatic, able to lead sales effort & follow projects personally if required.
- Open-minded & curious, able to understand new businesses & industries, identify needs & opportunities, and define how Alizent solutions could help clients
- Good communication and management skill. Able to effectively work within a diverse, international organization at all level of seniority; able to quickly build good relations & respect, influential with customers internal & external.
- Able to work in a matrix organization
- Strong organizational skills and able to work under significant pressure, able to multi-task with changing priorities
- Personal traits: Passionate but calm, long term commitment and integrity
- Client-orientation spirit, balanced with a P&L; management mindset.
- Fluent in English; Spanish a plus.
- Job is located in Houston, TX
- Frequent traveling involved across USA, and less frequently in Central & South America and Europe
JOB TITLE: Americas Business Unit and US Country Manager, Alizent
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-03-12
COUNTRY: United States