Kent General Hospital REGISTRAR in Dover, Delaware
Send This Job to a Friend
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 50 (Minimum hourly rate $12.58/hr)
0800 to 1630
The Patient Access Registrar gathers demographic, medical, and financial information critical to overall patient care and reimbursement, avoiding noncompliance penalties to the hospital, patient and physician. S/he orders tests and assigns the preliminary ICD-9 codes.
Candidates who have strong organizational skills and perform well in fast-paced, high-stress conditions are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements and have the following are strongly preferred:
- an Associate's degree in Business or Accounting
- previous experience in a healthcare setting
- experience with MS Word/Excel
- medical terminology and/or health insurance knowledge
In order to be considered for the position of a Patient Access Registrar, at a minimum you must:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have basic computer literacy, including word processing
- Be able to type 30 wpm (words per minute)*
- Have excellent verbal reasoning skills
- Have excellent customer service skills including telephone and reception
This position requires availability for multiple shifts, weekends, and holidays.
*Candidates selected to interview will complete a 3 minute typing speed assessment as a part of the screening process.