General Electric Project Manager – Propulsion/Mechanical LCC in Dover, Delaware
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Project Management Specialist – Propulsion and Mechanical LCC will identify and execute maintenance cost reduction projects for Global Services Organization (GSO). In this role you will influence cross-functional teams, lead innovative loco maintenance cost projects, and be accountable for the short and long-term results of a multi-million dollar project portfolio.
In addition you will:
• Support projects through the scoping, active, and cut-in phases to successful project actualization and booking
• Support a cross-functional team from Services, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Risk, and external suppliers to meet all project execution milestones (Such as; tollgates, design reviews, and part creation) ahead of schedule
• Translate MSA actualization requirements into detailed project plans, while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Facilitate communication within the team, as needed, to achieve milestones and professionally manage communications with internal / external project stakeholders
• Identify risks to project execution, schedule, or valuation and facilitate the mitigation of those risks with the appropriate team
• Continually develop a network of resources in support of project execution
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Manage the project budget and timeline, to ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Professionally represent GE during all customer and supplier interactions
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering or Project Management role
• Experience working with Field services organization
• Strong understanding of supply chain and shop operations
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and work across the matrix organization and project manage issues to resolution.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong business, technical, and financial acumen
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification or equivalent Quality certification
• Knowledge of Transportation and Global Service processes
Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time, both domestic and internationally
Locations: United States; Nevada, Pennsylvania; Erie, Las Vegas
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.