Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Date Posted: 14/Jan/13
Job Title: SSD Supply Manager
Description: As a member of Service & Support Procurement, the Supply Manager proactively manages the procurement of support materials from a global supply base. These materials are used in world wide service organization and distribution locations that support customers with products in support life. The primary responsibility of this position is managing the assurance of supply of these service & support materials.
Assurance of supply and supplier relationships
- establish and maintain a professional working relationship with suppliers.
- set clear delivery expectations and manage to these expectations.
- manage the material forecasting to suppliers.
- expedite to ensure continual flow of materials.
- ensure that accurate information is received, understood and acted upon by suppliers.
- effectively communicate Agilent requirements and business needs.
- escalate issues as needed.
Material and order management
- analyze MRP for accuracy and provide feedback to planning
- determine the order release methodology to be used to control orders.
- establish and maintain SAP part parameters. (Material Master, Source List, Information Records and Inventory Controls)
- resolve material disruptions issues. Complete a root cause analysis.
- develop and implement inventory management plans for assigned parts.
- manage inventory accuracy for consignment materials used for subcontracted assemblies at suppliers locations.
- maintain purchase order regulatory compliance. (SOX compliance)
- maintain cost standards and analyze variance in SAP.
- reconcile receiving and accounts payable problems.
- manage the return of non conforming material to suppliers.
- analyze and correct problems within the processes used to procure materials.
- effectively communicate with the world wide supply chain and service/support organizations.
- effectively escalate material issues to the SSD commodity manager and procurement management team.
- some college or equivalent, AA degree preferred
- proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and internet savvy
- track record of success in ability to gather, analyze and organize complex information.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- demonstrated proficiency in grammar and composition.
- able to work independently in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
- able to multitask and prioritize requests
- exceptional organization skills
- able to handle sensitive or confidential information in a professional manner
- demonstrated knowledge of standard business practices, procedures and business functions
- Experience with SAP ERP system, specifically in the area of buying/planning (Purchase orders, working with MRP screens, master data settings related to purchasing.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer
Business: Agilent Order Fulfillment
Job Category: Manufacturing
Job Sub-Category: Materials / Procurement Administration
Country or Area: United States
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Travel Required: No
(Temp Positions Only): Not applicable