Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Director of Audit, Bank Operations-717507
Corporate Audit Services, the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
In this role you will perform and manage advanced level professional internal audit work This will include managing and conducting operational audit projects; providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and providing training, coaching and supervision to the internal audit staff. You will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under general supervision and exercise some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
This job is located in downtown Wilmington, DE.
- Manage internal audit staff responsible for auditing Bank Operations.
- Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
- Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including, but not limited to identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Oversee the identification and evaluation of Capital One risk.
- Assist the Vice President/Managing Vice President in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking corrective action.
- May manage up to 4 people
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related fields or military experience
experience in internal audit either within a corporation or via outsourcing (can be combined with external Audit experience), with 4 years specific experience in auditing operations
- Professional certification in an audit related field such as a CIA, CPA, or CFA.
- 8 Years experience in (or servicing) a large financial services institution.
- 8 Years experience in a supervisory or project management role including experience managing audit engagements
- Large financial services experience with a focus on operations
- Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or Business Administration.
-.Demonstrated project management skills
-.Experience auditing large complex projects
- Demonstrated success establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with all levels of associates, management and external parties.
- Demonstrated success managing and directing audit associates to deliver a value-added assurance function.
- Senior leadership experience in driving change in one's own function.
- Respected, natural team leader and proven ability to develop associates.
- Ability to drive budget and performance improvements
- Strong, effective communicator (verbally and in writing) with executive management, and external parties
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Audit, Risk Management and Security
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle-Wilmington Plaza (18222)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time