Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Application Developer, Senior (Java)-729749
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Application Developers who are passionate about coding to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
The Senior Application Developer will be assigned to one or more agile project teams. As a member of a project team, the Senior Application Developer will assume various roles including leadership positions as well as design, code and test roles. This includes development of applications using third party tools, development of web services, and web development using open source tools.
The developer will participate in technical design, development and implementation of application systems. As part of this work, they will attend meetings to understand desired results, coding, unit and/or system testing, and will document changes.
In addition, the developer may be assigned non-project or cross-project roles. Possible roles include support of other IT groups, cross-project oversight and development tool support. Occasionally requires troubleshooting and correcting production issues in emergency type situations. May also direct the work of junior application developers.
- Work with other members of the project team and business owners to refine and clarify business requirements.
- Produce technical specifications from project requirements.
- Code and test software to meet corporate standards and within acceptable defect tolerances of design specifications.
- Work with and learn one or more vendor software platforms for supporting and creating applications.
- Support and review the work of other developers.
- Properly track progress, effort, issues and resolutions.
- Communicate and document status to project leadership.
- Work with IT and business test groups to support quality and acceptance tests.
- Assign development activities to self and other developers. Track progress of assigned activities.
- Ensure that all code retains logical stability, reliability, confidentiality, and integrity of corporate systems in accordance with corporate policies, procedures and guidelines, taking appropriate actions for all violations.
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or military experience.
- 5 years of experience in Application Development.
- 7+ years of experience developing applications.
- Experience with multi-tier system design and implementation.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Java.
- Experience writing unit tests and using unit test mocking frameworks.
- Knowledge of automated functional testing tools a plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring MVC a plus.
- Experience with open source a plus.
- Knowledge of enterprise application design patterns.
- Experience working on an agile team or with Scrum a plus.
No agencies please.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time