Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Application Developer, Master (Java) (AI)-729536
The Customer Communications Development Team builds and supports centralized systems to support all electronic and paper communications with Capital One 360 customers. The team works closely with IT Infrastructure teams and the architecture when making changes to enhance performance, maintainability, testability and availability of all Capital One 360 applications. The team is responsible for coordinating and implementing the technical design, software development, quality assurance, implementation and support.
Responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Provides team or technical supervision and drives project/service delivery. Performs as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. Documents design decisions, adheres to existing process guidelines, develops software components, mentors junior developers, supports QA during testing, and has oversight during implementation into production.
- Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions. Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical area or at least 7 years of full SDLC experience or military experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Area-dependent developer certification (e.g. Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer, application vendor-specific certification).
- 5 years of experience in Application development
- 2 years of experience in People management
- 5 years of experience in Web development
- 1 year of experience in Senior Developer on IT Projects
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time